Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Night Our Hearts Got Stolen By Chris Carrabba

When I first heard that Dashboard Confessional was going to perform at the previous Rockaway Festival 2011, I was literally jumping up and down, called my sister to tell her the great news. I was lucky tho, as I was about to buy the tickets, my friend called and said that DC cancelled their gig. A huge disappointment. But then, a friend tweeted that DC would be coming down to KL in Feb 2012. 

And yes, I was there last night, attending Dashboard Confessional Solo Acoustic Show at KL Live. Chris performed solo without his fellow bandmates. And he has proven to all of us that he still has 'it'. I grew up listening to his songs in my teen years. His songs connect to my emotion needs, songs which I can totally relate to at that point of time. And I shared the passion with the girls I grew up with during my uni days. I couldn't believe my eyes that the actual Chris Carrabba was standing in front of us, singing all the heartfelt songs while all of us sang along. And Chris really wowed us last night. He took my breath away. 

Screaming Infidelities. Rapid Hope Loss. Belle of the Boulevard. Saints and Sailors. Dusk and Dawn. Again I Go Unnoticed. Don't Wait. As Lovers Go.

Those were among the songs he performed last night. But the highlight of the performance was when he sang 3 of his biggest hits back to back, Stolen-Vindicated-Hands Down. I think every single one of us was singing our hearts out when he played those songs. Epic. Just when he closed the show after Hands Down, all of us were starting to scream Encore!! We Want Moreeee!! yada yada the usual. He came back and performed The Best Deceptions. Oh man, seriously last night was to die for! And to see him live, up close and personal, totally worth every penny spent. 

I hope he'll come down to KL soon enough, prolly this time with the whole band. To Chris, you made my dreams came true! Thanks for writing those beautiful songs, and please do us a favour and don't stop writing. We love youuuuuuu!

And yes, hands down that was the best day I can ever remember, always remember. And indeed you have stolen our hearts again and again.

Before the show

Chrisssss *drools*



No comments: